ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Render adds and subtracts frames

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Wirth
Render adds and subtracts frames
on Oct 5, 2008 at 8:20:34 am

First time AE ever let me down. I just finished a TIF sequence and it added several frames. But not to the total. It subtracted several in a later segment so the total was correct. What gives? Anybody else ever had the problem? AE6.5, Mac G5, OS 10.4.11. Output was 2700 frames of 30FPS, frame render only (no fields).

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Eric Mousel
Re: Render adds and subtracts frames
on Oct 5, 2008 at 5:25:38 pm

Richard,

I recently had a similar problem to yours. When rendering the animation, frames were being duplicated but the frame total was accurate. It seemed as though random frames were just being dropped out in favor duplicates. Output was 900 frames at 23.98fps. Codec was 'animation'. It lead to a nasty stuttering effect that took all the fluidity out of the work. Unfortunately, the deadline was up and we had to go with what we had. And, on a slightly depressing note (or a positive one, depending on your outlook), the client didn't even notice. I've only been using After Effects for a year and a half, so naturally, I'm much more ignorant than most on this forum. Hopefully the answer is a simple matter of not setting up the render properly.

Eric Mousel
Creative Services Producer
KMIZ/KQFX/KZOU

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Oct 5, 2008 at 6:17:16 pm

Could it be related to drop-frame settings? Check Project Settings, Comp Settings and Render Settings to ensure that they are in sync. I've found that when rendering to an Image Sequence, it's best to set the Project and Comp settings accordingly.

HTH
RoRK

broadcastGEMs.com - the leader in customizable royalty-free animated backdrops

Return to posts index

Richard Wirth
on Oct 5, 2008 at 11:32:26 pm

Thanks for the responses. I'll recheck some of the render settings when I'm in the office tomorrow, but this is second time this has happened on this sequence.

Further clarification - material was created from Photoshop so no video import was involved. Project is set up as 30fps with TIF sequence selected to render full frames (no field render). Out of 2700 frames, frame 1802 & 1803 are identical (that's the only one I can point to as it has timecode burnin). The addition of that frame is the third frame to be added (previous frames are still frame). Frame 1803 picks up with the next TC number and continues accurately until it goes to black. Somewhere in the 2 second black segment, it truncates the three frames it added to make the total 2700.

The errors are in the sequence coming out of AE, before they even get to a video import.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]