ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE crashes on startup

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Heuer
AE crashes on startup
on Sep 29, 2008 at 6:50:21 pm

I have a problem that whenever I attempt to launch After Effects it will go through part of it's start up and then just gives me a crash message telling me to see adobe support. This happens when either I attempt to double click an existing project icon or just simply trying to launch AE alone. Have tried the regular fixes (rebooting, ect...) but no luck. Please help!
Running AE 6.5 on a Windows 2000 computer.

Chris Heuer
Freefall FX, LLC

Return to posts index

Mark Harvey
Re: AE crashes on startup
on Sep 29, 2008 at 8:07:01 pm

I would try trashing the preferences. Do a search on the forum as this has been dealt with many times.

Regards

MArk

Mark Harvey
Senior Editor
Le RĂ©seau des sports

Return to posts index

Matt Carl
on Sep 29, 2008 at 8:51:17 pm

Thanks for the tip Mark. Trashing the prefernces by holding down cntrl-alt-shift during AE startup worked like a champ!

Return to posts index

Emerson Muzeli
on Dec 4, 2009 at 12:30:21 pm

I have a similar problem when I click the after effects cs4 to boot the software does not complete the startup, the icon disappears without result
I'm using the Mac pro dual 64-bit, with package cs4 full, the rest of the package works correctly.

Return to posts index

Chris Heuer
on Dec 4, 2009 at 1:46:21 pm

This original question is pretty old. I am now on an 8 core Mac Pro, still running Leopard (not Snow Leopard). I am running CS4 problem free. I am also running it on a Quad core Mac Pro with Snow Leopard. I use that one less, but have had no issues there either.

A co-worker has an 8 core Mac pro with Snow Leopard and CS4. He says AE crashes a lot on that system. Not on startup, but after working a bit. Not sure what to make of the varied results.

Anyone know of any maintenance or clean-up that will help? How do you trash prefs on a Mac?

Chris Heuer
Freefall FX, LLC

Return to posts index

Rupert D'Bear
on May 10, 2014 at 1:42:25 am

After a couple of days trying to sort out this problem I found that by uninstalling my ToonBoom software the problem disappeared.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]