ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

after effects project output question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
zach blumstein
after effects project output question
on Jul 28, 2008 at 10:23:33 pm

Hello i have to do a project for a client and they want to be able to use the animation on the web, dvd's, tv etc.. how should
i approach dealing with all the different size and compression settings
so that it will work in all these different mediums
or should i just build it one way and then alter the settings as needed?

thanks

zach

Return to posts index

cow
Tom Hepburn
Re: after effects project output question
on Jul 28, 2008 at 11:55:50 pm

I'd say it's kind of a personal preference. I like to create my own. For example for company "A", I would have render settings template called "web_company_A," or "HD_company_A," and so on. Obviously each one of those would have the corresponding parameters like resolution, compression if any, format, and so on. Then when it's time to render I just use the drop down preset in the render module.

You can create new output module and render settings under Edit>Templates.

Tom

Return to posts index

cow
Brendan Coots
Re: after effects project output question
on Jul 29, 2008 at 12:37:07 am

The most common method is to design for your largest or most complex need and go from there. For example, the Standard Definition DVD spec calls for 720x480 video, nothing else will do. Based on this, you should probably design your project at 720x480.

Once the project has been approved, output your 720x480 video to the Animation codec to use as your master. From this file you can create every file you need to deliver. Your DVD authoring software will create all the necessary files from this Animation codec master, and you can use Quicktime Pro or a free program like Super C (scroll to bottom of page for download link) to encode the video to various web/other formats as needed.

Brendan Coots

Splitvision Digital

http://www.splitvisiondigital.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]