Strobing Video Problem with AE Export in Final Cut

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Mark Jackson
Strobing Video Problem with AE Export in Final Cut
on Jul 27, 2008 at 1:35:59 am

I'm using Adobe After Effects 7.0 Professional

I just used keylight for chroma keying a person shot on a green screen. The footage was shot on DV with a frame rate of 29.97.

I captured the footage in Final Cut Pro. I edited all the good takes of the host in front of the green screen. Then, I exported the clips from Final Cut and import them into AE. I used Keylight to key the green out, and I export the keyed footage as lossless with alpha with a 29.97 frame rate. However, when I imported the keyed footage into final cut, the footage is kind of strobing like a film rate or something.

It is kind of cool, but I don't want that look. I want the original frame rate look. By the way, my comp settings were set to DV settings. 720 X 480 and a frame rate of 29.97

Can anyone please help me with my problem?

Thanks.

Mark

Mark D. Jackson

Return to posts index

cow
david bogie
Re: Strobing Video Problem with AE Export in Final Cut
on Jul 28, 2008 at 3:42:48 pm

It is most likely a simple field mismatch. Your export from FCP and your render from AE must be lower field to match the DV format. when using the Animation codec it's easy to miss the step of setting fields instead of frames and setting fields to lower. You footage in AE must also be properly interpreted by AE as lower.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

Alicia Schepis
Re: Strobing Video Problem with AE Export in Final Cut
on Aug 8, 2008 at 2:25:36 am

I'm having the same situation with video footage shot with HDV 1080i60 codec. Plays fine first in final cut, all settings set accordingly, I export out with current settings and import into After Effects. The only things AE does is see the pixel ratio as 1440x1080, which FCP does as well but both can account for that (toggle pixel etc). My problem occurs when I export from AE in the same codec. FCP keeps dropping frames and won't play. I've gone through all the motions of trying more ram, lowering compression data rate. closing sequences, lowering real-time audio..turning of unlimited RT..plus I've exported it out in almost every other codec i can think of, but no matter what codec it is, FCP just will not correctly playback any video I've exported from After Effects. And adjusting the fields doesn't help at this point either, obviously. I've read through both program manuals and found nothing that helps and I've tried calling adobe but that was a complete waste of time of course. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]