ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Still Frame at end of clip

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Gregory Kuhn
Still Frame at end of clip
on Jul 14, 2008 at 6:18:31 pm

I have a paint splatter in AE. It's a .mov file but I need it to be an infinite still frame on the end. Is there a trick to make this happen in AE. I tried Interpret Footage but can't find an option there.

Thanks!
Greg Kuhn

Proverbs 15:22
Without counsel, plans are frustrated, But with many counselors they succeed.

Return to posts index

cow
Kevin Camp
Re: Still Frame at end of clip
on Jul 14, 2008 at 6:58:08 pm

select the clip inthe timeline, the choose layer>time>enable time remapping. this will create a new layer parameter called time remapping with two keyframes (one and the beginning and on at the end of the clip).

go to the end keyframe. if it is black, move backwards one frame, add a new keyframe at that point and delete the old end keyframe. if it's not black, just leave the end keyframe.

now you can drag the outpoint of the clip to as long as you need it and it should hold on the last frame.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

cow
Kevin Camp
Re: Still Frame at end of clip
on Jul 14, 2008 at 7:03:05 pm

dave's fast... he beat me.

you can also duplicate the clip, goto the last frame and choose layer>time>freeze frame. this will hols on that frame, the just set the inpoint to match the first clip's outpoint and adjust the freeze frame's outpoint.

or you could render a still of the last fram, import it and do something similar to the above... but ithink using time remap is the easier way....

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]