ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

keyboard shortcuts for shape layers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Lister
keyboard shortcuts for shape layers
on May 23, 2008 at 11:26:38 pm

hi all,

anyone know the keyboard shortcuts to get to the contents properties in the a shape layer, and/or the fil or stroke properties there within?

thanks

Return to posts index

Stuart Elith
Re: keyboard shortcuts for shape layers
on Sep 12, 2008 at 6:34:08 am

I know it's many months after the original post, but I was also wondering about this... I know about how to change keyboard shortcuts in after effects, but can't find any information about the correct syntax (i.e "CompToggleShapeLayerFill" ).
The KeyUp script doesn't appear to have any options either.

It would be REALLY handy in my opinion to be able to access key shape layer features such as fill, stroke, and even the transform:shape options (distinct from the overall layer transform).

Return to posts index

Stuart Elith
on Sep 12, 2008 at 6:44:00 am

If i have double posted this, apologies! I'm new to actually posting on the COW and am not used to this forum format.

I know it's an old thread, but i have also been wondering about this... I know about how to change keyboard shortcuts in after effects, but can't find any information about the correct syntax (i.e "CompToggleShapeLayerFill" ).
The KeyUp script doesn't appear to have any options either.

It would be REALLY handy in my opinion to be able to access key shape layer features such as fill, stroke, and even the transform:shape options (distinct from the overall layer transform).

Return to posts index

George Froid
on Feb 21, 2014 at 10:05:31 am

Nope, no such shortcut I'm afraid.

Pressing ctrl+~ (tilde) opens up ALL parameters of a layer in one go. Maybe that'll save you some clicks? Providing there aren't too many shapes in a layer that is.

Pressing it again closes the layer.

Good luck.
- j

Return to posts index

Morgan Mendieta
on Sep 7, 2018 at 6:59:11 pm

There is a way to reveal certain perameters but not with one shortcut. But you can do it all with the keyboard and never touch the mouse.

For example If I want to show all path perameters all you have to do is hit Control+F that will move your cursor into the search field then just start typing "path" hit enter and all paths will open in that shape layer. You can do this with almost all perameters "color" "stroke" "end or start" for trim paths.

go crazy. The things you cant do is jump from one group to another with keyboard commands. At least I have not found it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]