ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Particle Playground smoke question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Castelli
Particle Playground smoke question
on May 4, 2008 at 5:22:10 pm

Hi all,

I'm creating a lower 3rd in AE and using particle playground to create some smoke coming out the barrell of a gun. Is there anyway to have the particles dissolve into the air after a certain amount of time? I have tried messing with the settings of the effect but none of them seem to be doing the trick. Perhaps I'm just missing something? As of right now, I have created a mask and am using it as a wall to keep the particles from going to far, but I'd rather let the whole height of the solid be available for the smoke to fly before is dissipates if I have that option (which, I'm sure I do somehow.) Thanks!

John

Return to posts index

Aaron Keeny
Re: Particle Playground smoke question
on May 11, 2008 at 12:08:11 am

Just wondering if you figured out the smoke issue, looking for some advice how to create smoke/dust myself.

Return to posts index

John Castelli
on May 11, 2008 at 2:22:58 pm

Hey, If you want to create smoke with particle playground just drag it onto a solid, change the color to white and adjust the gravity so that the particles go up instead of fall down. Then apply a fast blur, and blur it until it looks smokey. You can adjust the speed of the smoke bith the velocity, both the velocity and the color are in the cannon tab. Also, particles per second and barrell radius will help you creat e how much smoke or dust you want, as well as how spread out they are.

some of this seems out of order, but you probably want to apply the blur before you mess around with the characteristics listed below, so that you get an accurate visual.

John

Return to posts index

Aaron Keeny
on May 12, 2008 at 4:35:01 pm

Thanks for the advice, I ended up just buying Trapcode's particle. A pretty awesome plug in made my need for smoke super easy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]