ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Frozen bullet during a live-action camera move

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Donkle
Frozen bullet during a live-action camera move
on Jan 25, 2008 at 4:49:13 am

I'm trying to figure out how to get a shot I need. It starts with a CU on a man's face with a bullet frozen an inch in front of his eye, then the camera dollies around into a profile shot showing the bullet's position more clearly.

Shot in a hotel room, noir style lighting. Trying to use a real bullet either put in on top of the footage or held in the shot and then somehow removing whatever's holding it in post.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
Re: Frozen bullet during a live-action camera move
on Jan 25, 2008 at 5:41:36 am

A single image can describe what you're looking for better.

-MS

Return to posts index

Topher Welsh
on Jan 25, 2008 at 4:46:24 pm

So basically like the scene from Superman returns with the bullet in the eye... just the bullet is frozen in time...

If you have Zaxwerks Invigorator pro you could create a bullet in that and then position it to where you need to and add the rest of your elements... if you are dollying around the object... there isn't any way I know of doing it with still image. You are probably going to have to use some kind of 3D element.

Topher Welsh
Head Editor & Motion Graphics
http://www.scout.com

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
on Jan 25, 2008 at 5:06:17 pm

Oh, yes ... since the bullet doesn't move, I'd recommend hanging a prop bullet on fishing line on set. Then you'd remove the fishing line in post where you see it -- really easy, maybe with CC wire removal.

If you wanted to do it in post, the best way would be to get a 3D tracking solution such as Syntheyes, track the move around the room, export that 3D camera info to a 3D app such as Lightwave, create a bullet in Lightwave, and composite that bullet over the shot. Of course, you'd only do that if you needed the bullet to move, explode, or do something unreal.

Return to posts index

Austen Mathieson
on Jan 27, 2008 at 6:19:34 pm

where do you get cc wire removal? it's ok i found it in cycore

Austen Mathieson
Austentatious Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]