ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

frost smoke generator

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dwayne Neckles
frost smoke generator
on Jan 21, 2008 at 3:28:38 pm

Can anyone show me a plugin that can animate the background smoky frost effect you see behind the icebergs

dnecklesportfolio.com/transfer/iceberg.jpg

check out this pic for a snap shot.. not the glaciers just the smokiness around. I know there are particle effects but those make the smoke go from one spot to another ( like smoke coming from a chimney ) I want the effect im looking for to stay in one spot and just kinda move around the icebergs because thats where the coldness is coming from..

Thanks in advance
PS I tried to get Delirium smoke but the plugin trial didnt come with smoke plugin yet it was in the pdf instruction manual

Return to posts index

Dwayne Neckles
Re: frost smoke generator
on Jan 21, 2008 at 4:39:30 pm

anyone??

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Jan 21, 2008 at 6:32:42 pm

try fractal noise, animating the offset so it moves slightly upwards (or maybe downwards, since it's cold air) and animating the evolutions. try a few different 'fractal types' and play with parameters like scale, complexity, contrast and brightness to get the smokey look your after.

you can use feathered masks or soft track mattes to 'crop' the noise to the areas you want around the ice...

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
on Jan 21, 2008 at 8:43:42 pm

Particular from red giant has some very tweakable smoke particles:
http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/trapcodeparticular.html

Westside A V Studios

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Jan 22, 2008 at 4:11:30 am

I would definitely recommend Trapcode's Particular.

You can use things under the Physics drop down to animate your 'frosty smoke' in a more natural way. The turbulence field, for example, can alter the position of the particles based on a fractal noise function. There are also 'spin' properties that you might find useful.

Darby Edelen
Designer
Left Coast Digital
Santa Cruz, CA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]