ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

SynthEyes into AE problem...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alfonso Gamez Jordano
SynthEyes into AE problem...
on Dec 18, 2007 at 4:47:12 pm

Hi, I'm new here, although I've been watching the tutorials and seraching info in the forums for some years now...

So, as my title suggests, I have a problem with importing Syntheyes trackers into AE 7, via .ma files.

I first track the motion OK, with a 0,29hpix error, and then I create three new track points, track, and I set them as coordinate axis (inside Syntheyes), and I only export these 3 to .ma. I did all this following an official tutorial (or I believe it was ;) )

When I imprt into AE, it creates two comps: "title" and "Title square"

The "Title" comp is empty, so I open the other one (as the guy in the tut. also did). And here comes the problem, which causes everything I believe: the comp is squary, and concretely it has a resolution of 719x720, when it should be 1280x720 (also inside Syntheyes the video was 1280x720, so the problem isn't because of the video input, i believe).

Now, as track points (in form of nulls) have been squeezed into that square comp, to have a loyal tracking, I need to make my footage comp size, and so I loose a lot of resolution.

So, it's obvious that either I'm doing something wrong, or the program has a bug or something, so I hope any of you can help me with it :)

I'm in a bit of a hurry as I have to have this ready for Christmas Eve, and I had to make a preview for tomorrow, but I think I'll use for tomorrow the 2D tracking of AE... It's just draft quality ;)

So, that's all,

Cheers everyone

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]