ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Low resolution from PS Vanishing Point !!!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tfortier
Low resolution from PS Vanishing Point !!!
on Sep 13, 2007 at 7:39:56 am

Hi, I have high resolution picture I 3d cropped with vanishing point and export in after effects in vpe format... everything work fine but I loose all the good resolution of the pictures... is there any way to control the resolution of the output files?

I feel I didnt have that problem the first time I played with vanishing tool...

thanks
thierry

Return to posts index

micah stansell
Re: Low resolution from PS Vanishing Point !!!
on Dec 1, 2007 at 3:46:06 pm

Hey thierry,

Im having the same problem. I was wondering if you had found a solution yet.

Thanks,

Micah

Return to posts index

Charlie Coutrakon
on Nov 6, 2009 at 9:48:18 pm

Same exact problem. I can't find a solution anywhere! Can anyone help out?

Return to posts index

Mehmet Kozal
on Apr 13, 2010 at 8:17:24 am

Hello,

After 3 years most probably you've solved the problem :) but that may halp for the new ones. I hope it works. Try to open the image and before doing the vanishing point, open a new window in photoshop with the video settings you want. Use default number of resolution which is "72". Then import your original image into that window. Apply your vanishing point then export it for after effects. The vanishing point must look fine now.

Cheers,

Mehmet

Return to posts index

Mitch Sturkenboom
on Apr 20, 2010 at 4:25:58 am

Problem still persists for me to this day. I've gone so far as to upscale my frames from 72dpi [848x420] to 1000dpi [11780x5835]. But upon export it only leaves me layers that are below what photoshop should be exporting in 72dpi. I've noticed variations in the down-scaling photoshop does. Sometimes it down-scales the images down to 15% but at other times it goes as far as 5%. I'm at a complete loss. There doesn't seem to be any documentation on this "bug" anywhere. Reinstalling photoshop doesn't seem to do much either. Strangely enough I've by some freak randomness sometimes gotten it works as it should. But when trying to recreate this success, I'm left with layers that could best be described as thumbnails. I've come close to giving up on this feature at this time. But if anyone has another possible solution at this time I'd gladly give it a shot.

Greetings,

Mitch

Return to posts index

Marcin Staszewski
on Sep 16, 2010 at 10:56:23 pm

Yep, same problem here...

Return to posts index

jan jansen
on Jan 8, 2018 at 10:32:57 am

I was struggling with this as well however I found that if you decrease the grid size value the quality becomes a lot better.

Not sure if it helps someone....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]