ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

thinking of upgrading to a quadro graphic card

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
edr
thinking of upgrading to a quadro graphic card
by
on Jul 31, 2007 at 8:31:23 pm

I am currently using a Geforce 7600GS 256mb dual DVI in my PC. I just got Production premium cs3. I was looking at upgrading to a quadro 1500?

Would there be a big difference in performance in AECS3? I have Nucleo Pro as well. Right now I just have 2gb of ram. I plan on getting 2 more gigs to max out my pc. My pc has a Intel Core2 duo 2.40 processor.

Should I wait and save up money to get a Quadro FX 3450!!! I do not do heavy AE affects, but I am getting into more 3d effects inside AE and I will be using Cinema 4d 10 alot more.

Thanks guys!!

I keep seeing spec recommendation. Maybe you guys should create a forum just for spec recommendations.

Return to posts index

Zarxrax
Re: thinking of upgrading to a quadro graphic card
on Jul 31, 2007 at 9:57:23 pm

I doubt it would do much for AE. The money would be better spent on more RAM or a faster CPU. As for other 3d apps, I don't really know. There might be some advantage, but even then I doubt it would be the best place to spend the money.

Return to posts index

edr
by
on Jul 31, 2007 at 10:08:14 pm

I was thinking that was the case. Would you recommend me updating the processor. There is a local store called microcenter that will build you a pc. I was thinking of getting them to replace my current processor with a faster processor and max out my ram.

Return to posts index

Zarxrax
on Aug 1, 2007 at 7:11:31 pm

I just bought an Intel Q6600 processor yesterday. It's pretty much the same processor as yours, except it has 4 cores instead of 2. If you have nucleo pro and enough ram (4gb at least) you might be able to see close to twice the performance that your current system gets. This processor can also be overclocked to 3ghz fairly easily, which would get you a free 25% performance boost (note the risks associated with overclocking though). The Q6600 just had its price slashed to around $300 about a week ago.

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
on Jul 31, 2007 at 10:36:39 pm

[edr] "Maybe you guys should create a forum just for spec recommendations."

Naah, just a thread would do, since the answer is almost always the same:
- get fast processsors
- get as much RAM as you can afford, at least 2 GB, 4 better. 1-2 GB per processor.
- separate your system and media drives
- fast drives are good, but drive speed is not as crucial as with NLEs
- hot graphics cards are a waste of money with AE, currently.

For C4D, you might want to check other forums.

Return to posts index

edr
by
on Jul 31, 2007 at 11:22:14 pm

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]