ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AFX error messages

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shanamchugh
AFX error messages
on Mar 16, 2007 at 4:45:11 pm

Hi I am in need of some help. I am having problems working with text in afx 6.5. When I type in the program everything is fine. When I go to re-open the the afx file, I get an error message. It happens even when I just do a simple position move with the text.

Error messages:
I get two error messages on the older mac (Dual 1 ghz Power PC G4, 512 ram 10.2.8)
1) After effects error: CT bad param: invalid glyphID 76:: 4
2) After effects error: invalid encoding 76::4

and just one error message on the mac pro (2x 3ghz Dual-Core intel xeon, 8 gigs of ram, OSX 10.4.8)
2) After effects error: invalid encoding 76::4

I then have to force quit the application. I tried to open a new project and import the old one, but I get the same error message.

In one project I used the font chalkboard, and in another I used arial. In realizing the obvious I've gathered that it's a font issue. So I guess my question would be, is there a way to fix this without uninstalling all of my fonts?

Also, I've run disk warrior on both computers if it is of any interest.

Any help is much appreciated,
Thanks,
Shana

Return to posts index

bogiesan
Re: AFX error messages
on Mar 16, 2007 at 8:51:40 pm

> In one project I used the font chalkboard, and in another I used arial. In realizing the obvious I've gathered that it's a font issue. So I guess my question would be, is there a way to fix this without uninstalling all of my fonts?
<

You can remove just those two fonts easily enough. Just use FontBook to disable them.

Mac Help will give you the basics on how to use FontBook. FontBook has limited diagnostic abilites, too.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

shanamchugh
Re: AFX error messages
on Mar 20, 2007 at 7:22:46 pm

Thanks, for the fontbook tip. I copied all the fonts from the user submenu into the computer submenu. I resolved the duplicates and then disabled all of the user fonts. I was then able to open my project.

:) Shana

When my mac is happy, I am happy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]