ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Mixed footage rendering problemsf

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
videonow
Mixed footage rendering problemsf
on Mar 6, 2007 at 2:25:18 pm

Im importing HD files from aspect HD into 720x480 comp with regular avi files. The Aspect HD files are greenscreen with keylight effect. When I render out comp, there are many frames that seem to appear out of nowhere. For instance, I have interview subject keyed, with B-Roll in background. Often frames of the B-Roll will show clips from the interview footage.

Any suggestions to remedy this problem?

Thanks

Chris @ ReachFreq

Return to posts index

Mylenium
Re: Mixed footage rendering problemsf
on Mar 6, 2007 at 5:29:06 pm

Don't use AVIs. ;O) Your problems seem to be specific to the CoDec you are using. It doesn't seem to handle the Alpha properly, probably because it uses some compression and pixels from the YUV/ RGB cchannels don't line up with the Alpha.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

videonow
on Mar 6, 2007 at 5:34:13 pm

Thanks for the info Mylenium.

In the interum I think I've solved the problem another way:

In my first attempts, I didn't pre render any of the comps that were included in my final comp. I am currently pre-rendering them and thus far has seemed to fix the problem.

Thanks again

Chris @ ReachFreq

Return to posts index

moldyboot
on Mar 6, 2007 at 5:44:30 pm

once i had experience similar to yours, random frames showing up in a render... i think it was ae5.5 or 6.5 on a mdd g4. it was like random frames were getting stuck in ram and showing up in a project's render that wasn't even using those frames.

i was able to edit>purge>all to fix. but i've never had that problem since.

Kevin Camp
Designer - KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

videonow
on Mar 6, 2007 at 5:48:09 pm

That seems like it would be a preferable solution to pre-rendering everything. Less time consuming especially for the ongoing project I am working on. I will give it a try.

Thanks Kevin

Chris @ ReachFreq

Return to posts index

sam.mltn
on Mar 6, 2007 at 5:46:15 pm

sounds like a frame rate and fields problem

check your interpretation, double the frame rate of the comp and check fields there

Return to posts index

videonow
on Mar 6, 2007 at 5:50:41 pm

Could the root of the problem be that the Cineform files are UFF, while the AVI's are LFF and the render selection I made is LFF?

If so, how is the best way to handle fields in a comp where some of the files are UFF while others are LLF?

Chris @ ReachFreq

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]