ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Render Queue question... !!!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mrshow555
Render Queue question... !!!
on Feb 21, 2007 at 2:41:45 am

I have footage that I brought into After Effects from Final Cut Pro (via export>quicktime movie and it's self contained at full quality)

I added titles and rendered it out via the Render Queue, but when I bring the file back into FCP the video is not as sharp as it was originally (I know because I placed the new viddeo with titles over the old without and switch the track on and off to compare)

Also the new track from AE is slightly streched out. Is this a pixel ratio setting problem?

What setting should I use in AE to have a video that will not be a little fuzzier and slightly wider? (I currently tried the DV NTSC and Animation codecs)???

Return to posts index

bogiesan
Re: Render Queue question... !!!
on Feb 21, 2007 at 2:51:38 am

First, try changing the distortion for the clip in the Motion Tab in FCP. If that doesn't solve it, post again, someone else will have a suggestion.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Feb 21, 2007 at 7:10:43 am

Your settings sound okay (theoretically). Since I'm not a Mac guy I can't provide any details, but your softness problem sounds like fields getting interpolated somewhere. The stretching seems weird, but many edit suites use some cropping and scaling on import (because they assume black margins like when capturing from certain types of decks without sync). I'm certain if that is the case, it could be turned off somewhere. Perhaps someone more qualified can either correct me on this or confirm.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

mark harvey
on Feb 21, 2007 at 12:01:39 pm

When you import the mnovie into AE, make sure to drag the footage onto the make new comp icon, that way you are sure that your comp matches your footage. Also, make sure that fields are properly interpreted.

When rendering out, make sure to render the fields if going out to TV.

Sorry, but I don't know FCP (yes, there are a few of us out there) so for anything FCP related I can not help.

Mark

Return to posts index

TonyTony
on Feb 21, 2007 at 9:42:50 pm

[mrshow555] "(via export>quicktime movie and it's self contained at full quality)"

Don't use self contained if you are on the same machine as the footage from FC. You are adding unnecessary time, disc space and re-encoding artifacts to a clip the can just be referenced to the original.

Use the other's suggestions on importing and comp setup. I always render to DV from AE if I don't need an alpha channel, saves time, disc space and re-encoding artifacts.

If you move the footage up or down in the AE comp you want to move even pixel amounts (2,4,20) so you don't reverse the field order.

TonyTony

Return to posts index

morebo
on Feb 21, 2007 at 10:10:56 pm

[TonyTony] "Don't use self contained if you are on the same machine as the footage from FC. You are adding unnecessary time, disc space and re-encoding artifacts to a clip the can just be referenced to the original."

Nor only do you re-encoding artifacts, but you re-compress your footage every time you render it.
Take a look at this excellent article regarding moving footage between different apps like AE and FCP.
http://prolost.blogspot.com/2007/02/mastering-in-nle.html
I also highly recommend this book along with the book from Mark Christansen.

morebo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]