ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

keying help with orange and yellow background

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ktpmm5
keying help with orange and yellow background
on Feb 5, 2007 at 1:06:29 pm

I have some footage of someone talking with a yellow and orange wall behind him(top half is yellow, bottom half orange). None of the keying methods I am using seem to be working - Keylight, etc. Short of masking him out - which is what I'm doing right now - is there any way to get rid of a yellow and orange background? When I use Keylight and select the background, his face disappears because of the similar tone. I am a newbie to the art of keying out and wondering if there is an easier way... thanks!

Return to posts index

TClark
Re: keying help with orange and yellow background
on Feb 5, 2007 at 2:28:43 pm

Try using replace color.

Return to posts index

daveyg
on Feb 5, 2007 at 2:58:20 pm

yeah thasts why blue or green are the best. use one of the tutorial by aahron from this site to get a good key. look it up it helps out a lot

Return to posts index

ktpmm5
on Feb 5, 2007 at 4:08:52 pm

replace color? is that a plug-in? i've got the pro bundle of ae 6.5....

Return to posts index

Sando Calrissian
on Feb 5, 2007 at 5:25:35 pm

Is the subjects head moving much?

If its nearly stationary you can duplicate your footage layer and draw a rough mask around the centre of your subjects face (this is where the majority of highlights occur - and the colour will become way similar to your orange/yellow BG). Then place this unkeyed version over your keyed version. Then tweak the key on the lower layer.

If necessary use multiple keys set to more subtle settings (attempting to use one instance of the key effect will just cause too many problems). Try messing with the Screen shrink settings in Keylight as well as the edge colour correction (if you are keying onto a solid BG you can try changing the colour of the edges to blend it in better).

Matt choker may also be an option...

Also this tutorial might help. Its designed for compositing keyed footage into a scene, but iv found in the past that it can help improve the key (although be warned it can REALLy bump up your render times!)

http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_page_wrapper.cgi?forumid=1&page=h...

You might also find this one useful

http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_page_wrapper.cgi?forumid=1&page=h...

By the way - hats off to all the dudes who make these tutorials. You guys are awesome.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]