ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Tiff to possibly a 3D logo?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
xWilliam Schultzx
Tiff to possibly a 3D logo?
on Dec 2, 2006 at 10:46:01 pm

Hi, I have a logo, well, a round bug that needs to become a 3D logo that i can animate a camera around and everything.

The file is a Tiff, has transparency, and uhmm, yea, needs to become 3d, how would i accomplish this? Possible in after effects 7?

Thanks
xWillx

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
Re: Tiff to possibly a 3D logo?
on Dec 3, 2006 at 1:07:21 am

Check this thread, under the sticky at the top of the After Effects page. Always check there first, then search the COW posts.

Return to posts index

daveyg
on Dec 3, 2006 at 2:04:03 am

you need zaxwerks, or you have to ask someone to do it who has zaxs and they could send it to you

Return to posts index

xWilliam Schultzx
on Dec 3, 2006 at 3:37:59 am

Ahhh, okay, thanks everyone.
This helps me out.

On another note, any thoughts on the art institutes? In their video production department. I'm considering it for next year, should be nice.

xWillx

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Dec 3, 2006 at 9:37:15 am

You can't extrude pixels, so first off you need some clean vector-based artwork and that means tracing your image (or getting an alternate vector based version) in what ever program of your choice. After that a whole new world of options opens up like animating everything inside AE via Zaxwerks Invigorator or externall using "real" 3D programs.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

Barend Onneweer
on Dec 3, 2006 at 10:35:11 am

Actually, although very limited, you could use the tiff as a custom Shatter Map. A very crude way of adding depth to a 2D image, but if you're not looking for anything fancy it might just do the trick. Anything beyond that, Zaxwerks Invigorator.

B.

Raamw3rk - digital storytelling and visual effects

Return to posts index

thewanggao
Sorry, OT... I hope not inappropriate
on Dec 4, 2006 at 6:01:28 am

Hello Barend,
I just took a look at your website. Your work is great! As I am going to college next year and I feel I'd like to do something similar to what you have done with your career... Of course this is only one aspect of it (and not the most important), but how much does it pay to be in a position similar to yours?

Thank you so much for your time,
Alexander Gao
alexanderwanggao@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Alexander Gao

"When the revolution happens, I'll be leading it."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]