ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

can I open AE 7.0 files in AE pro 6.5?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
goodfella
can I open AE 7.0 files in AE pro 6.5?
on Sep 29, 2006 at 6:13:31 pm

I tried already, but is there a way I can open my AE 7.0 files which I use at the office..to my AE 6.5 Pro at my home??

I get the usual pop up "Time to Upgrade your AE" duh.

thanks Guys.

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
Re: can I open AE 7.0 files in AE pro 6.5?
on Sep 29, 2006 at 6:28:35 pm

No, sorry. AE has never had that capability. Maybe it will in the future, but not now.

Return to posts index

Rhett Robinson
Copy/Paste?
on Sep 30, 2006 at 1:31:40 am

I use 6.5 still too... when I was using the tryout of 7, I had a bit of success copying/pasting from one to the other, but of course, that doesn't mean everything, so you're basically rebuilding the project. I had downloaded a few AEPs from links here that were for 7.0, and converted a few to 6.5. If I actually made money, instead of being a hobbyist, I'd probably upgrade... I like several of the new features, and the new interface, but it's hard to justify in my case.

I haven't spent much time, but you may want to create some simple projects in both version (that are identical), then open them in a text editor (a smart one, not "word pad" or "text edit") that can point out the differences. I've made many older apps open new files after I Discovered the differences, so that might work (a copy, of the project, of course...).

I'm no top hacker, and my guess is that anything really complex is not going to work, regardless. This topic came up before, right when AE7 came out, so you might search.

I think it's been said, but really, if you're going to use it, "it's time to update your application."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]