ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects 6.5 or 7.0 High Definition Render (Codec) Settings

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michael hedderich
After Effects 6.5 or 7.0 High Definition Render (Codec) Settings
on Sep 25, 2006 at 4:30:27 am

Hello Experts,

I hope that one among you is able to help untie the Gordic Knot. Recently I switched over to High Definition, using the Sony Z-1, and invested in the Adobe Production Suite. Using After Effects 7.0. I have not been able to figure out the correct settings to render High Definition files. My results hover between gigantic uncompressed files, several GB in size, and very small MPEG files that cannot be imported into Premiere 1.5.1 or Premiere 2.0. I am beginning to wonder if I need to use some exotic codec?

Adding to this, with my previous After Effects 6.5 and Matrox RT-X 100 (codec) combination this was a real snap.

Is there someone out there that can give me the entire After Effects configuration

Return to posts index

Arson XL
Re: After Effects 6.5 or 7.0 High Definition Render (Codec) Settings
on Sep 25, 2006 at 9:28:20 am

Uncompressed HD files can reach up to 500GB/hour, that is 8.33BG/minute.
Your multi gb files are understandable unless you are only editing a few seconds of video
You want to work uncompressed until your final render and then only compress your web distribution files.

Return to posts index

michael hedderich
on Sep 25, 2006 at 2:17:16 pm

Thank you very much for taking the time to send this info. My needs are not web related. I need to import this file into Premiere 2.0 or 1.5.1, and thus am looking for a setup that gives me a manageable file size. Please take another look at my original post. What I need is the entire set-up instruction chain, thus as listed in my example.

Return to posts index

mark harvey
on Sep 25, 2006 at 4:00:08 pm

Since you invested in the production studio, why are you even bothering to render in After Effects ??? Use the dynamic link and let Premiere take care of the rendering. If your project is setp up as HD in Premiere, then it will make sure that the project is rendered correctly.

The dynamic link is simplay awesome. Do yourself a favour and get to know how it works, I guarantee you that you will be awestruck by the new creative possiblities that it brings.

REgards

Mark

Return to posts index

Hahaiah
on Sep 27, 2006 at 12:05:34 pm

I also use production studio and was eager to use the dynamic link feature. Unfortunately, most of my effects DO NOT transfer to Premiere for rendering which pretty much makes the feature useless to me.

I also use HDV and end up exporting all my AE projects to UNCOMPRESSED or DV50 (colors on 3D and zaxwerks much better with DV50 vs DV25 for some reason)

I then use CCE or Procoder for MPEG2

I was really surprised at the poor quality of Mainconcept's encoder. After switching to UNCOMPRESSED and CCE, the end result is remarkably better

Return to posts index

mark harvey
on Sep 27, 2006 at 12:38:53 pm

But the Dynamic link makes it so that the effects do not have to transfer over to Premiere....If done correctly, the dynamic link allows After Effects to keep tabs, and premiere only to render to it's codec, all the while After Effects is the one still managing the comp.

Mark

Return to posts index

michael hedderich
on Sep 27, 2006 at 11:47:53 pm

Hello Mark,

thank you for your input. I was not aware of the "Dynamic Link" option. I played with it attempting to pull of the feat,- and failed. Would you have the time to list the exact blow by blow procedure for me to duplicate.

Thanks, Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]