ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

rendering animation for broadcast: field settings. URGENT

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jkl_editor
rendering animation for broadcast: field settings. URGENT
on Aug 11, 2006 at 10:07:04 pm

Hi everyone. I know this topic gets a lot of discussion and I've looked through the archives but don't seem to be able to get an answer. So apologys in advance.

I've rendered out a animation sequence from After Effects in lossless PAL animation codec with no fields. Brought it into Final Cut Pro for editing/soundmix and put it into a sequence with PAL animation codec lower field first (this is how the dub house advised it needed to be supplied to be dumped onto digibeta- in lower field first). A quick preview of the animation on a conventional TV set shows jagged edges everywhere.

Its going on air tonight so I guess I have two questions and am hoping for some saving grace.

1) is there something I have done wrong in terms of field settings - should I have rendered out of after effects with the end result field settings in mind - ie lower field first? (I thought that this was a no no for animation as motion looked funny interlaced)
2) Is it possible for the video techs at a broadcast level to do anything to improve what I have supplied them with?

Return to posts index

Dan O'Brien
Re: rendering animation for broadcast: field settings. URGENT
on Aug 11, 2006 at 10:23:39 pm

You should always try to match the field order of the editing system (lower field first in this case). However, also make sure your timeline playback settings in FCP are high quality and your clip settings for the animation are correct in FCP.

Dan

PrEditors.net

Return to posts index

jkl_editor
Re: rendering animation for broadcast: field settings. URGENT
on Aug 11, 2006 at 11:23:24 pm

Thanks Dan.

I guess the upshot of this is that I will need to re-render, re-output and resuply the material. No possibility that a broadcast tech would be able to fix it the way it has been supplied?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]