ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Maximum Image Size AE Can Handle?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Drew
Maximum Image Size AE Can Handle?
on Jul 14, 2006 at 11:17:54 am

Howdy all,

I'm unable to do a 'make movie' render of my composition that includes an image with an (admittedly whopping) 20,000 x 2,000 resolution, being animated in 3D space, default 50mm camera's DOF but with no lights. I'm having the renders fail at the precise frame this big image begins. "Unable to create 20000 x 2000 image buffer" error. I've tried using the 'secret' preferences and flushing the cache every 1 frame, but it still fails on me.

Now the weird bit - full quality, motion blur enabled RAM previews render fine - it's just failing on 'make movie' renders... ?

Is the image simply too big for AE or is this related to the outstanding memory issues AE7 seems to have?

AE7, G5 Dual 2.5Ghz, OS 10.4.7, QT 7.12, 3.5GB RAM (AE7 Default RAM allocation).

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Steve Drew
Re: Maximum Image Size AE Can Handle?
on Jul 14, 2006 at 11:19:48 am

oh - one extra note - it's failing when using AE7's standard renderer, and also with Nucleo's renderer.

Cheers,
Steve.

Return to posts index

Peter O'Connell
on Jul 14, 2006 at 1:40:43 pm

What you can do is divide the image into smaller images and make them the children of a null which you animate.
Pete

Friday; July 14, 2006
9:41 AM

barxseven.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 14, 2006 at 5:04:51 pm

That's an AWFULLY big comp! What size does your final product actually need to be?

Return to posts index

Steve Drew
on Jul 15, 2006 at 6:20:51 am

Great idea Peter! Thanks.

Dave - only 720x576 - i'm doing one of those 3D pan/zoom/track animations that is moving around a giant pic.

But I figured a work around out for myself - I was rendering in 32bit (why not eh?) and it was failing, but the render was fine at 8bit & 16bit. Unfortunately I really wanted the Glow effect to be reproduced in 32bit as it's much nicer that way. I was able to reduce my giant source file down in Photoshop a couple of thousand pixels without any noticable quality loss in AE. That must have taken the render under AE's threshold as it rendered fine in the end, and at 32bit. :)

Thanks for your help guys.
Steve.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]