ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Controlling Motion Blur in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jporter313
Controlling Motion Blur in After Effects
on Jul 12, 2006 at 10:09:34 pm

I was wondering if there's any way to control the global amount of motion blur that is applied in after effects. As far as I can tell it seems to be just an on or off sort of thing which is a little frustrating.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Controlling Motion Blur in After Effects
on Jul 12, 2006 at 10:42:11 pm

Yup, there's a way to do just what you want: you change the Shutter Angle. It's set at the Adobe factory at 180 degrees, but you can change that to the physically-impossible shutter angle 720 degrees if you so desire for LOTS of motion blur. Or any setting you'd like.

Exactly where they hide that control in the lastest version of AE, I am unsure... just look in AE's Help for Shutter Angle an you're good to go.

Return to posts index

Lloyd Alvarez
on Jul 12, 2006 at 10:54:12 pm

it's under the advanced tab in the composition settings

Return to posts index

Zarxrax
on Jul 13, 2006 at 1:08:07 am

On the topic of motion blur, I notice that when things are really moving fast, instead of one long blur, After Effects has what appears to be multiple copies of the layer, at various levels of blur and opacity. Sometimes this can be very noticable, so I was wondering if there was any way to improve this to make it appear more natural? Maybe increase the number of copies that it uses?

Return to posts index

duffbeer911
on Jul 13, 2006 at 2:20:17 am

there is an effect called CC Force Motion Blur in with the time effects. It came bundled with AE 7.0, not sure about previous version. Here you can set the shutter angle, and the number of blur levels. And I think you can set different shutter angles for different layers

Michael Duff -
Bearcage Productions, Australia

Return to posts index

Andy Burmeister
on Jul 28, 2006 at 5:00:31 am

Shutter Angle can be set in your comp settings under advanced tab...:)

Return to posts index

Bryan Sanders
on Sep 11, 2017 at 4:10:04 pm

Thank you! Been banging my head against a wall trying to replicate the motion blur with filters, so that I could have a reduced blur effect. This solution is MUCH better!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]