ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to put more than 10 markers on timeline in Aftereffects? -is it possible

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
orcuta
How to put more than 10 markers on timeline in Aftereffects? -is it possible
on Sep 22, 2005 at 10:52:36 am

Hello to all of you

I want to ask something that for me is a true problem---How to put more than 10 markers on timeline in AFX if anyone could answer will be great!!!

and my second question is

It is posible in aftereffects when you work withshapes tha came from another app and that could be vector or just bitmaps to trace them and the trace result to have only one stroke and not 2(for the contour of the shapes)

Return to posts index

Andrew Kramer
Re: How to put more than 10 markers on timeline in Aftereffects? -is it possible
on Sep 22, 2005 at 3:42:37 pm

Not sure but you can make a guide layer and use the layer maker by pushing the star key on the keyboard. You can also add notes to these markers.

Andrew

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
Re: How to put more than 10 markers on timeline in Aftereffects? -is it possible
on Sep 22, 2005 at 3:43:38 pm

1. You cannot put more than 10 markers at the top of the timeline, but you can attach many more markers to a layer in the timeline. Select the layer and hit * on the numeric keypad. Search the help for "marker".

2. No. If the shape has an opening, you will see 2 masks when you trace. You'd have to draw a new mask on another solid that gives you the outline you want.

Steve

Return to posts index

nour el din khalifa
on Jun 5, 2018 at 3:12:07 am

Yes You can
If you double click a marker and change its name to another number (comment section)
you and reuse this number with the shortcut
i changed the 0 to 00
and reused the 0 and it worked

though i beileve there is a more professional way to make markers
but that may buy you a little more time.

Return to posts index

nour el din khalifa
on Jun 5, 2018 at 3:18:04 am

Haha wait actually there is a little more professional way

in the section of your markers follow this section to its very right you ll find a bigger marker pointing down

if you click and drag it to the place you please it will mark with the next number.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 6, 2018 at 2:22:48 pm

You don't even need to do anything like that anymore. After Effects now supports MANY more markers in the composition! You just tap the * key on your numeric keypad and it will lay down a composition marker if no layer is selected. You can run an audio preview, for example, and tap that key as the preview is running to mark out the beats of a song.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]