ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Career Advice for a newbie After Effects User

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kfredericks
Career Advice for a newbie After Effects User
on Aug 24, 2005 at 1:20:40 am

I'm looking for career advice. Here is my situation. And thank you in advance for your comments:

I have been using AE since version 3 and have loved every minute of it. Unfortunately my career path has lead me in the direction of web-based project management, XSL/VBA programming, and many other things having nothing to do with video. I'm now considering diving back in. And although I feel I have an aptitude for learning AE and a talent for motion graphics w/sound, I am starting almost from scratch. Though to be honest, I have been keeping up with After Effects, Photoshop, and Premiere over the years with personal projects (and whenever I could force the usage of these products at work).

So now I'd love to become a motion graphics expert, and perhaps also work in video editing and DVD authoring. But where should I start? Should I look for corporate positions? Maybe wedding video businesses? I obviously have a lot of learning to do before I could take on a high-end position in a production house, or as a freelancer in this competitive market.

I live around Boston. Any advice?

Sometimes a fire extinguisher catches fire.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]