ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Seeking Job Advice for After Effects Beg/Intermediate User

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kfredericks
Seeking Job Advice for After Effects Beg/Intermediate User
on Aug 23, 2005 at 7:57:40 pm

I need some advice for where to take my career. My education is in film/video, with a concentration in editing. Over the years I have tried to keep up my proficiency with Premiere, After Effects, Encore, and Photoshop with personal projects. But My work experience went in a different direction. I've been more of a Producer (project manager) for web/cd-related projects and I have become proficient in various programming languages (VBA/XSL) than I am with After Effects at the moment.

I am seriously considering getting back into video professionally. I love it and know I am good at it. Specifically editing, motion graphics, and DVD authoring. Of course I am lacking in professional experience. But I am confident that with some self-training, and some projects, I could be considered proficient again.

Any advice on where I should take my career given the above? I suppose that freelancing is an option, except that I think I need to grow my skills a bit more before I could be a marketable freelancer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]