ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

What is ??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick
What is ??
on Jun 27, 2005 at 4:31:46 pm

I'm getting an invalid offscreen buffer size on AE 6.0, Win XPSP2 Any idea what that means?

Thanks

Return to posts index

duffbeer911
Re: What is ??
on Jun 28, 2005 at 12:35:53 am

Hi,
I got the same problem a couple days ago on AE 5.5. AE would crash with this error the instant I opened the project. Even with caps lock on. I thought my work was lost forever.

BUT.....I opened a new project, and imported the old project. Now it is working fine, and I'm not getting that error.

So, to answer your post....I don't know what it means.

Return to posts index

markus dop
on Jan 15, 2006 at 11:07:45 pm

for me it helped to delete all the prefs files for ae:
Documents and Settings/[user name]/Application Data/Adobe/After Effects/Prefs
and then restart ae.
hope it helps.

markus ziegler
dop_munich_germany
http://www.zieglermarkus.de

Return to posts index

Jesper Pedersen
on Oct 7, 2008 at 10:55:09 am

Help! My big motion graphics projetic is on the verge of a meltdown!
Last night I happily shut down my computer, everything working well,
and this morning when I open my AE project, I too get the message:
Invalid offscreen buffer size

But whats worse, I also get this message from my back up files, i.e previous versions of the project up to a week ago, so I have lost a lot, its simply not working!!!

I´ve tried everything: I´ve done as told in this threat, tried to turn on/off openGL, etc.

I have changed the names og the image files in the project in case there was one that was too big, so it doesnt crash because of an image size.

I have removed plugins, e.g psunami,

What the hell has happened? I guess it must be my pc or what? lack of memory? I dont think so, whatever has occurred over night or last time I closed down my pc, it has affected versions of the project done several days ago!!!
It will be hard to do all the lost stuff again, but the worst thing is not knowing what its due to,because will it occur again on the new files I have to build up?
And also very strange that this kind of error message is rarely not found on Google, image buffer messages, yes indeed, but not the one about Invalid offscreen buffer size

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]