ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects: laggy sound on mp4 preview

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Fervoye
After Effects: laggy sound on mp4 preview
on Jul 26, 2020 at 4:17:39 am

Hi everyone,

I have an issue and I need your help: after I've imported a .mp4 video on my AE composition, when I start the preview, image is ok, but the sound is laggy and too slow. It seems like during the preview the sound framerate is slower than the image framerate for some reason.

And the weird thing is: when I render the composition, everyting is fine. Sound and images are perfectly synced. So my issue has definitely something to do with the preview stage but I don't what.

Please note I work with AE CC 2015, but I've tried using AE CC 2020, the issue is the same.

Thank you in advance for your help, much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Filip Vandueren
Re: After Effects: laggy sound on mp4 preview
on Jul 26, 2020 at 11:17:06 am

It's usually a good idea to convert your footage to prores or dnxhd before working on them. MP4 as source footage is not ideal.

That being said, it sometimes helps to change the audio hardware device in after effects, even if you then revert it to its original setting afterwards.
That has fixed some weird behaviour for me in the past.

Return to posts index

Tom Fervoye
Re: After Effects: laggy sound on mp4 preview
on Jul 26, 2020 at 12:06:48 pm

Hi,

Thank you Filip.
My issue is fixed already: I just went to the preview panel and noticed the playback rate was set to 25fps. But my .mp4 framerate is 29.97 hence the issue I had.
Now it's all good ☺

Thank you again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]