Comp Settings

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Heckt
Comp Settings
on Jul 21, 2020 at 4:49:27 pm
Last Edited By John Heckt on Jul 21, 2020 at 5:46:08 pm

Hello all,

I am a college student tasked with adding lower thirds to a Student Activism video project.

I purchased some pre-made lower thirds some time ago, and I intend to use those.

I'm not proficient in AE but have taken some tutorials and have a general grasp of the layout.

All I want to do is grab the pre-made lower thirds and drag them onto the video.

The videos are a series of Zoom interviews (only option due to COVID). I wasn't there when they conducted and didn't help to coordinate, but the dimensions of the video are 640x360 (far from ideal).

The comp settings on the lower thirds I purchased are 3840x2160.

Frame size and comp settings always throw me off. When I drop the lower thirds into the comp the video is in, they don't show up. I dropped the video into the comp the lower thirds are in, and it was very small. I scaled it up to size, but I feel like there should be a more exact way to do this. How do you recommend I get the lower thirds to appear on the video? Which comp settings should I change or keep the same?

I attempted to change the comp settings from the purchased lower thirds to match the video. However, the dimensions of the properties within the lower thirds (scale, position, etc) don't change alongside the comp settings. So, the graphic is way off frame and the text size is way too big for the zoom video. Is there a way that I can make the graphic and all of it's properties scaled down to the video?

Any advice?

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Comp Settings
on Jul 21, 2020 at 6:24:33 pm

To be safe you can keep the Zoom resolution and add the lower thirds as a comp/layer and scale to fit.
Or try the current broadcast standard of HD 1920x1080 and scale up the zoom clip and do the same for the lower thirds.
Now, this all depends on your target of course.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]