ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rotate and rerender?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Collister
Rotate and rerender?
on Jul 10, 2020 at 3:57:58 pm

Hi all

I have several hundred video clips which have been shot in portrait on a mobile phone, the client wants these on an authored disk... just about every piece of DVD / Blueray software I can see auto rotates the file to landscape before authoring, leaving the footage on its side. Does anybody know of any software that will leave the footage in portrait before authoring?

My assumption is that I will have to rotate, rescale and rerender each piece of footage to something useable... is After Effects my best bet for this? Can I record my actions like I do in Photoshop? Is there any sort of script to help? Is there another bit of software that would be better for the job?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Filip Vandueren
Re: Rotate and rerender?
on Jul 10, 2020 at 5:20:08 pm

Try if adobe media encoder sees it as portrait. if so;
then you can batch export from media encoder, it has options for fitting to the output format And will automatically add black bars.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jul 10, 2020 at 7:34:40 pm

There are some cheap apps that keep the portrait mode then some that force it to scale horizontally.
I would check Toast (demo)and see what that does.
So you def need this in a media that's set to landscape?
I deal with digital signage and the apps we use to schedule recognizes portrait mode.
Of course, it has to be rendered in that aspect ratio.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jul 10, 2020 at 7:36:47 pm

I forgot to add that the export from mobile to desktop is usually the culprit.
If you can find a path that avoids the auto-orient then you might have an easier time for media creation.

Return to posts index

Ian Collister
on Jul 12, 2020 at 7:15:51 pm

Thanks both for the help. Filip's suggestion in Media Encoder has worked a treat. I think it has saved me about a weeks worth of work!

Return to posts index

Filip Vandueren
on Jul 13, 2020 at 5:19:00 pm

Glad it worked out Ian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]