ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Unable to turn tracking data used for stabilize into usable transform

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alex ezorsky
Unable to turn tracking data used for stabilize into usable transform
on Jul 8, 2020 at 2:54:41 am

I recently tracked some footage using tracking points and was able to stabilize it. But this was simply so I could add effects and now I want to re-apply the camera shake. I tried loading the tracking data back up in the tracker panel and changing the track type to "transform" and then applying that to a null which I planned to then parent everything to. Applying the data to the null on X and Y doesn't give the null any position data.

I've found that it seems I must re-track the entire scene with the "transform" track type and THEN apply this to the null and I get position data. This seems very unnecessary since the tracker point data isn't any different. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

alex ezorsky
Re: Unable to turn tracking data used for stabilize into usable transform
on Jul 8, 2020 at 3:01:05 am

Aha! I think I've found a clue. If I turn off all animation on the source clip (the animation was used to stabilize it) the tracker panel is able to successfully deliver the correct transform data to the null. It seems when you send the tracking information to the null it takes into account (and counter references) the clip's current transform keyframes. I still find this odd since the tracking data is created on the clip pre-transfrom animation (hinted at by the fact that the tracker uses the layer viewer)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]