ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Interactive video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Bruzek
Interactive video
on Jul 7, 2020 at 8:32:51 pm

I’m working on a pop up book type animation. I’ve got all my characters and scenery set up in After Effects. I want my pop up images to animate when a mouse button is clicked over it, likewise the text to animate upon a mouse click. I have all my animations set up with a camera on a 3D null. Is there a way to make this happen with just after effects or after effects and illustrator? I tried installing animate cc but the file I have was corrupt. Any help would be appreciated

Return to posts index

Filip Vandueren
Re: Interactive video
on Jul 8, 2020 at 11:57:24 am

No, after effects only handles the animation and can output a video for you.

The interaction has to be programmed in a different environment
HTML5/JavaScript perhaps?

Return to posts index

Nick Bruzek
on Jul 8, 2020 at 12:03:19 pm

I’ve seen videos on YouTube showing animator has a coding wizard of sorts with a drop down menu of code snippets to do almost exactly what I want. Do you know if illustrator has something similar?

Return to posts index

Filip Vandueren
on Jul 8, 2020 at 12:15:11 pm

It does not.

Very very maybe a limited version of what you want is possible via InDesign (using it as a layout tool for an interactive pdf) but I wouldn’t bet on it.

I think animate would be the best way to achieve this in an app, but I believe it has a very high learning curve.
Maybe you’d should find a Programmer.
I still think any webdevelopers with a bit of knowledge of embedding video and JavaScript might even be faster building it from scratch (depending on the scope of the entire project)

Return to posts index

Filip Vandueren
on Jul 8, 2020 at 12:17:34 pm

Incidentally, if it’s all shapeanimations, instead of compressing to video-layers; exporting data-files via lottie/bodymovin’ would create an even crisper and much more lightweight startingpoint for a web-version.

Return to posts index

Andy Ford
on Jul 8, 2020 at 3:19:45 pm

You may want to check out Mobfish or 3D Vista for adding the interactivity, they may offer a solution for you.

-------------------------------------------------
Video Producer / Digital Marketer / Gear Reviewer / Author
-- http://www.AndyFordVideo.com --

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]