ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How can I COMPLETELY stabilize a video footage? Also, how can I connect stabilized footage to non-stabilized footage seamlessly?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eojin Kim
How can I COMPLETELY stabilize a video footage? Also, how can I connect stabilized footage to non-stabilized footage seamlessly?
on Jun 23, 2020 at 2:41:24 pm

Hey guys! So, I have a handheld (gimbal used) video footage of me sitting on a desk. However, the camera does move around slightly, and even dips forward for a few seconds at a point.
I've used the Warp Stabilizer VFX, which has worked WONDERS on about 95% of the video, but the part where the camera "dips" forward has a "zoom" effect where it zooms in and out for that second. How can I make this not happen, even if it means sacrificing the rest of the video so it's always zoomed in to the maximum point (where it cannot zoom out any more due to the edges of the frame being nonexistent, if you get what I mean)?

ALSO, this is important, how can I "stitch together" a portion where the video is stabilized, to a portion where it's not stabilized (intentionally)? I can't just use a fade-in, since the zoom and position are different, and, more importantly, the perspective is skewered (during the stabilization process).

Thank you in advance! I apologize if the question is a little difficult to understand. Please feel free to answer any of the two questions, I have a tight deadline and I'd really appreciate a quick answer :)

Return to posts index

Andy Ford
Re: How can I COMPLETELY stabilize a video footage? Also, how can I connect stabilized footage to non-stabilized footage seamlessly?
on Jun 24, 2020 at 12:27:38 am

When stabilizing footage, I always recommend trying the Stabilize Motion feature in the Motion Tracker and the Warp Stabilizer effect because you'll get different outcomes. So, try the Motion Tracker and see if you get a better result. Here's how you do it with that:

Sounds like you are talking about using the same clip and just having one part stable and one part not, so you could remove the keyframe data generated from your stabilized track from the point you want to be destabilized/normal and then work your way back to normal by keyframing over a few frames.

-------------------------------------------------
Video Producer / Digital Marketer / Gear Reviewer / Author
-- http://www.AndyFordVideo.com --

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: How can I COMPLETELY stabilize a video footage? Also, how can I connect stabilized footage to non-stabilized footage seamlessly?
on Jun 26, 2020 at 6:07:21 pm

lookup vids on 'reverse stabilization' using mocha. i think that's what you're talking about.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]