ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Arranging a 3D camera? Or basic infinite zoom? (Novice question)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kasey Gay
Arranging a 3D camera? Or basic infinite zoom? (Novice question)
on Jun 16, 2020 at 11:57:21 pm

Hey team,

I've been doing basic editing for a long time, but I'm trying to sharpen up and deepen my knowledge a bit.

The opening to this video (0:11 and on) has the camera driving forward through various elements and shapes. In basic editing software, I know how to zoom through objects by simply masking parts out and then scaling, them up past the frame, but I'd imagine that when you're really trying to control elements and set them to music, you get smarter.

How would you attack this?
I've muscled through a few after effects basics before, but what would be your basic plan of attack for this?

For an absolute beginner, do you have 3 basic rules to follow?
I just want to know where to start playing in the sand box of how to appear and disappear objects while moving forward in a 3D space.

Thanks team!

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: Arranging a 3D camera? Or basic infinite zoom? (Novice question)
on Jun 17, 2020 at 1:13:20 am

The simplest way to do this is to turn your elements into 3D layers and position them in Z space. Create a Null, make it 3D, parent the other layers to it then keyframe the Null's Z position. Leave your background as a 2D layer and it will not move with the other elements.
If you want to fade things in/out keyframe their opacity.
You can also rotate the Null and have elements come into view that are above/below/beside/outside your initial view.
A more complex way of doing it is to use a camera - though I don't think your example uses one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]