ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Export audio to AAF

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Theo Buchinskas
Export audio to AAF
on May 21, 2020 at 3:47:05 pm

Bit of a unique situation on this one - I am having to re-purpose a project I finished already, this time working with a team. They have requested my audio, so they can clean up / edit as they see fit. Each composition I have made has bg music, vo, and several audio/video clips that play in sequence. They want to be able to edit the audio for each item, and to do so have requested an AAF file. I can't export that directly from AE, so I have been trying to use premiere as an intermediary. The issue I am running into, is when exporting to a Premiere project - the audio disappears from most of the clips. I am getting an error message - "The preset used by one or more sequences requires third-party components", but I am not using any audio plugins, and all the FX in AE are pre-rendered, not that visibility should effect the audio anyway. The video doesn't come into Premiere properly either, but I am not really concerned with that on this project, simply trying to get from AE to AAF.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Export audio to AAF
on May 22, 2020 at 2:44:26 am

Have you tried removing plugins used on the layers?
Not audio but graphics ones.
Also, duplicate a comp and shut off video but leave audio on and then export.
Somethings up with your layers keep as simple as possible.
Test smaller comps first.

Return to posts index

Theo Buchinskas
on May 22, 2020 at 1:22:55 pm

The first things I tried were toggling off all the video layers, and then tried deleting all audio keyframes. No third party audio plug ins were ever used, I did have a pan effect on some of the layers but I tried deleting that too. Still blank audio and the same import message.
Have been testing with a small file, but no matter what I do, it doesn't seem to import. At this point, the team and I have decided to do a different workflow, and I am going to output a few different audio 'layers' as separate exports and use that instead. Would be really nice to figure out why this isn't working though. I have had thoughts about using Premiere more in my workflow, but this has me convinced the other way.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on May 22, 2020 at 3:21:44 pm

I've always wondered how animators (cel style) work with AE and audio.
I used to do char in Maya and we would use snippets of audio to for voice keyframes.
Isn't this the same in AE?
Our audio tracks would originate from a master in Pro Tools so no second-guessing.

Return to posts index

Theo Buchinskas
on May 22, 2020 at 3:33:57 pm

I'm a motion graphics guy, so I couldn't really comment on what it is like for traditional animators. For myself, it is usually just voice and music tracks, maybe some sound FX, and those are either pre-made and sent to me, or I layer myself within AE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]