ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

sketch draws itself

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene Sergienko
sketch draws itself
on May 11, 2020 at 11:39:03 am

Hi everyone,

First of all, please forgive my English, it is not my native language. I'm a novice with AE too.

I'm working on an architectural presentation. There is a drone shot and some sketches on top of it that show the future area development. I need to animate those sketches which I receive as Photoshop layers.

What I'm willing to do is to make the lines draw themselves like they are rapidly drawn by hand.
I've tried using Auto-trace, then making all the masks Intersected, generating strokes and then keyframing them.

The result was not perfect (Auto-trace draws masks not ON the lines but kind of between them) but good enough.

However when I tried to export the composition I got this.

I've been browsing all over the forum and youtube and couldn't find a solution for this not so unique task. A link to a tutorial or an explanation as detailed as possible would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: sketch draws itself
on May 11, 2020 at 7:39:46 pm

i think if you just increase your stroke size you can fix it pretty easily and it will still look nice...you could also increase the stroke to a even bigger number and just use that as a luma matte for your actual layer. Now your psd. check to see if its in rgb ..or you know what just export a few pngs of your layers..they have alpha channels and will be easy to use and will get rid of your strange "missing" files

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]