ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Color Effects Only Applying to Some Frames

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suzann Johns
Color Effects Only Applying to Some Frames
on Mar 31, 2020 at 2:49:33 am

So, I've finished masking, rotoscoping, refining matte, and I only need to do a bit of color touchup.

The whole recorded scene/clip has a ghastly blue hue, so I tweaked and perfected my color corrections, using Auto Color, Auto Level, and Brightness/Contrast. However, when I scub through or simply play it outright, it looks as though the effects are on some weird techno pulse timing, becaus it's only applying to approx. 5 frames, not applying to approx. 3, then applying to approx. 4 frames, not to 6, etc. It's seriously infuriatinng!
I've tried restarting the program, restartng the entire project, but I still get this pschedelic nonsense.
What am I doing wrong & how do I fix it??

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Color Effects Only Applying to Some Frames
on Apr 1, 2020 at 9:15:47 pm

Re-read your explanation......I guess you just did not realize that AUTO levels and AUTO anything tries to adjust every single frame...change to the standard levels and such and there you go

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Color Effects Only Applying to Some Frames
on Apr 3, 2020 at 3:45:02 am

First I'd recommend purging your disk cache, just in case there are some frames hanging around in there. Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache.

You could try using the Temporal Smoothing feature of the Auto Color and Auto Levels effect in case what you're seeing is the result of changing color levels in the source footage. Unfortunately, that tends to slow the effect down significantly.

If changing color levels in the source is the problem then I'd suggest going with the other suggested solution of using the (non-auto) Levels effect.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]