ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Stretchy Cat's Gradient of Scale??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Billy Rodgeers
Stretchy Cat's Gradient of Scale??
on Mar 31, 2020 at 12:39:27 am

Trying to recreate and figure out how this video was done

From what it seems like, the cat is its own separate layer from the bg, which is auto-filled out. It could just be a basic warp effect or some other simple solution, but I was thinking maybe it could be an expression with the cat legs separately parented to the body. I don't think that the legs are separate in this case because the body has some stretch too, but it could be an interesting thing to know how to do. It's also odd how it is tracked around the ear of the cat??? If it is really tracked, then is the non-tracked one just moving the background?

There's like a gradient of stretchiness from the grounded cat toes to the top of the cat.

I was looking at the beam effect too and seeing how its similar to that, but with a layer (which is closer to puppet pin but from my limited use of that, those pins seem to always bend around in ways that aren't fun).

I may just be overlooking or overthinking, but any input is appreciated on stretch cat

(after looking behind the cat tail, there's little STRETCH LINES!!! I think more now that it could just be a 3d layer extruded out and stretched oddly, because the cat layer does not seem to be actually separate from the background. But if it isn't, THEN WHAT IS FILLING THAT BG?!?!!? This cat is bringing me pain)

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Stretchy Cat's Gradient of Scale??
on Apr 1, 2020 at 9:14:02 pm

i dont think its that complex...i think its just a puppet tool effect

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]