ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Time Remap Hold Keyframes - way to evenly distribute across time (i.e. every 2 frames)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Beth OBrien
Time Remap Hold Keyframes - way to evenly distribute across time (i.e. every 2 frames)
on Mar 25, 2020 at 8:29:43 pm

Hello everyone - hope everyone is safe and healthy.

This is my first post ever (or else in SO long I have no idea what my account email must've been before - I have been checking in here for over 20 years).

MY QUESTION :

I am putting down keyframes in time remap of video footage on the frames I want to use, then making them hold keyframes. I can not for the life of me figure out how to then easily evenly distribute those hold keyframes so they appear at equal intervals, such as every 2 frames. I thought maybe "rove across time" but this doesn't work (which perhaps makes sense with a time remapping function). I am hoping for an expert this would be an easy solution.

Thanks!
Beth

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Time Remap Hold Keyframes - way to evenly distribute across time (i.e. every 2 frames)
on Mar 26, 2020 at 10:40:15 pm

why dont you put it in a composition with a frame rate of 2 frames a second or something like that...I dont know what you are trying to do..but the only thing i can imagine is this...

Return to posts index

Beth OBrien
Re: Time Remap Hold Keyframes - way to evenly distribute across time (i.e. every 2 frames)
on Mar 27, 2020 at 1:09:45 pm

Hi! Thanks for your response. Let me explain a little more what I am trying to do. I shot about 30 seconds of video footage that I want to convert to look like it was shot in a series of still images (like a time lapse sort of) The trick is I am going through the footage and very deliberately picking which frames I want to use. So imagine Time Remap with 100 keyframes that are *not* evenly spaced across 30 seconds (because the frames I am choosing for still shots are not evenly spaced). I want to take those keyframes than space them all exactly 2 frames apart (and make them hold keyframes). I could go and drag each one individually to two frames after the previous one, but knowing how powerful AE is I thought there must be an easier way to do this. I thought maybe "Rove Across Time" could help, but that option is not available for Time Remap keyframes.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Mar 27, 2020 at 6:26:53 pm

well you would think that there is a plugin for that and maybe there is...but maybe just render to a png sequence and import the images not as a sequence...but have them all be 1 frame and then keyframe assistant to line them all up. and delete the ones you dont want...its not perfect but i cant think of another way

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]