ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Suggesting Timelapse with AI artwork

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordy Veenstra
Suggesting Timelapse with AI artwork
on Mar 16, 2020 at 9:24:34 am

Hi everyone,

I am in a bit of a pinch at the moment. I am creating a 2D animation with Overlord and Duik Bassel. I have to create some sort of a Timelapse effect, where day and night pass through each other in high speeds, multiple times. The design department created 3 shape layers as the background with a gradient. Overlord imports the gradients and shape layers nicely. However, animating the gradient itself with the end and starting points is an absolute chore. The background has to stay put, only the colors have to be animated.

Is there a way to make this an easier process? Can I copy the gradient in After Effects to a layer for instance, and make a layer with only the shapes in there so I can simply use the position coordinates from the gradient layer? I hope someone is able to help me!

See photo underneath:
gradient.jpg

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Suggesting Timelapse with AI artwork
on Mar 18, 2020 at 6:40:55 pm

what is a chore exactly? Im not sure I see the problem. ..Ok now that I know that we are not talking about an anime.lol. The video on overlord says that it updates while animating so couldnt you set your colors on day...go to AE and set a keyframe, then go to back to Illustrator, change the colors to night...go to the end of the composition in AE and then update the colors...that seems to be its most useful feature.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]