ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

No shadows in active camera view

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Rodgers
No shadows in active camera view
on Mar 12, 2020 at 11:14:48 pm

Maybe I've been looking at this too long...I see shadows when I switch to front view but they aren't displaying in active camera view. What am I missing?

Return to posts index

Joe Rodgers
Re: No shadows in active camera view
on Mar 12, 2020 at 11:28:35 pm

Here is a screen

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qaa6vziqutqs65s/CropperCapture%5B9%5D.png?dl=0

Return to posts index

Joe Rodgers
on Mar 13, 2020 at 5:54:14 pm

I just now updated to the most recent CC AE and still only seeing the shadows in FRONT view. Posted this on Adobe site and getting no answers there either.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Mar 13, 2020 at 9:11:04 pm

it looks to be a picture of google chrome.....somehow and yet it does also look like after effects...but its too zoomed in and it sure does not look like any shadows belong in there

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Mar 13, 2020 at 9:12:25 pm

ohh but there is one thing you can check...2 things actually and its very annoying..make sure both the camera and the light both start from their orginal starting frame...if this is shortened or lengthened by even one frame and then shifted, it causes bad things to happen

Return to posts index

Joe Rodgers
on Mar 13, 2020 at 9:50:36 pm

That's because nothing in the scene is set up yet, it's not going to be laid out like that. I didn't get to that yet because the light wasn't giving me shadows and I stopped. I got on the phone with Adobe and they can't identify the problem either, so, I just rebuilt the comp from the ground up and everything works now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]