ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Liquify tool for fast action shot?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Hoyal
Liquify tool for fast action shot?
on Feb 20, 2020 at 10:19:42 pm

Hi,
I am somewhat new to after effects. I am trying to use the liquify tool for a fast maybe 5 sec action shot of a person jumping in the air. I am trying to make the actor look a little thinner. I have been using this tool like I would in photoshop for the video but it is not working exactly right. I have been using the warp tool with the transform anchor points. Whats happening is it is morphing the look of the footage with each frame. I am just wondering how to do this the right way in after effects. Is there a pace online that teaches how to do this with action footage. Thanks,

Steve

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Liquify tool for fast action shot?
on Feb 21, 2020 at 10:34:51 pm

Five seconds is not a quick shot in the visual effects world! That's a long visual effects shot.

Could you explain a little more clearly what you're doing? Have you considered the Reshape effect? It might be more like what you want. But you'll probably have to apply it to a copy of the footage with your actor rotoscoped out. And, of course, you'll need to use something like the Content Aware Fill tool (that's new to AE!) to delete the normal-sized actor from underneath the newer, skinny one.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Liquify tool for fast action shot?
on Feb 21, 2020 at 11:33:03 pm

the problem you have is that you are trying to use it on the footage without having to cut out the actor...which is not going to work...try using mocah...just look for the mocha effect and apply it. go to mocha,,,trace out your guy for 5 seconds..and then use the puppet tool once you are back in after effects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]