ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion Tracking Fails

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Reed
Motion Tracking Fails
on Feb 18, 2020 at 4:27:18 pm

Again Please help. I've moved on to trying to get the blood to 'track' the body as it kicks back in the hopes of making it look more realistic.

Problem. 'TRACK CAMERA" doesn't work because the only anchors I get are his right arm, and a bit of the gun, nothing on his shirt.

TRACK MOTION does give me an anchor BUT when i attach the "blood" the "blood" jitters around all unnaturally. It almost strobes.

I also have had no luck with TRACK IN MOCA AE.

Am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Motion Tracking Fails
on Feb 18, 2020 at 4:43:24 pm

Camera tracking only tracks the camera, not the object. Also your shot looks super dark so maybe the tracker's can't track that. It's a pretty fast shot so maybe you could animate it by hand?

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Feb 19, 2020 at 12:59:19 am

Part of the issue is that you're trying to composite in an element that is not right for the scene. Blood doesn't make a little floaty dust cloud at the impact point of the entry wound.

In fact, there would be no blood splatter at all on the front of the body. On a through-and-through shot, you would get blood spray from the exit wound; the entry would consist of a small hole. Sometimes you can see a ripple of impact go through the soft tissues, but there is basically never a blood spatter from the entry wound.

Source: I edit videos for a hunting company, and have watched dozens, if not hundreds, of clips of game animals shot with a variety of weapons. It is an oddly specific and grisly area of expertise, but apparently is useful knowledge today.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Feb 19, 2020 at 4:13:14 pm

Maybe create a clip with high contrast to get a better tracking solution.
Use that as ref then switch with actual footage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]