ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Elemen 3D issues with textures

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Reynier Aquino
Elemen 3D issues with textures
on Feb 7, 2020 at 5:56:50 am

I'm having some weird issues with comps used as custom texture map

I created a composition with some motion graphics, icluded some shapes animations and some particles with Trapcode Particular; then I put this comp into a new one with Element 3D on it, and I set one of the custom texture map with my motion graphic comp.

It shows on the object, a primitive one without any mapping issue, but the animation that suppose to play on the 3D object as a texture, freeze some frames and then play again some other frames and freezee again. This happened randomly, some times happened and some times not; but if it happens, that composition will never works properly, the only solution I came with was redo the entire comp from scratch and pray for this to work

Can anyone help me please

My system is not cutting edge but is a decent one (AMD Ryzen7 2700x + 64 GB RAM + EVGA RTX 2070)
Thx

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Elemen 3D issues with textures
on Feb 7, 2020 at 11:36:12 am

That can be caused by a lot of things I guess.

You could try updating/downgrading gpu drives.
Updating/downgrading Element versions.
Rendering out the texture map to a sequence (ram issues).

But you should really be asking this at the Videocopilot's E3D help forum. If anyone saw this before it would be them. Maybe send them a mail?

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Reynier Aquino
on Feb 7, 2020 at 3:39:48 pm

thank you for answer me so fast ☺
My drivers and Element 3D versions are up to date
And about rendering the texture map first, well that's not an option because I need to have full control of the texture's timeline in order to change things that happen during the narration

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Feb 7, 2020 at 4:44:42 pm

[Reynier Aquino] "My drivers and Element 3D versions are up to date"

I've figure this much but as I said, maybe try to downgrade. I've had older versions of E3D working better than newer ones for specific things.

I've also had older nvidia drivers being able to render some frames (although crashing eventually) that newer ones wouldn't.

But what I would do first and foremost is to try to see is things work in another machine (to try to exclude HW and drivers from the equation). Preferably one with a nvidia card.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Feb 7, 2020 at 5:02:15 pm

Element 3d is becoming more and more broken..And Kramer has not had an update it a long time. At this rate it wont work at all pretty soon...

Some things I have noticed..IF you move the camera layer in time..element 3d messes up..the start of the camera must begin at the start of the comp...if you extend it, it stops working.

Sometimes putting the texture layer into the extrude layer also messes up...double check this.

and im sure you know this one..make sure the camera is always moving even slightly

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]