ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

(Solved) Video Copilot Frame Rate Conversion doesn't seem to work when converting from a lower to a higher framerate

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Imanuel Thiele
(Solved) Video Copilot Frame Rate Conversion doesn't seem to work when converting from a lower to a higher framerate
on Jan 22, 2020 at 3:04:49 pm
Last Edited By Imanuel Thiele on Jan 22, 2020 at 5:10:43 pm

Update:
I already found the solution. The best way was to go to the clip in the project panel, select Interpret > Main and then loop the footage at least once. This was actually in the tutorial, I just tried out all the stuff before reaching the end, my bad.

Sorry for the unnecessary post, have a great week.

Hello,

I keep running into the same problem when trying to follow the "Frame Rate Converter" Tutorial of Video Copilot (number 19).

When I try to change a 25fps clip to a 60fps clip, the content of the clip is shortened, for some reason. I just don't understand this. The length of the clip stays the same, the framerate successfully changes to 60, but half of my clip (the end part) is basically cut out, with no option to extend my footage any further to get it back. It behaves as if it had never been there. I noticed that Andrew Kramer's Clip shortened after his 24fps to 30fps conversion as well, is this normal then?

The tool had great results for me when changing a higher to a lower framerate (except then, at the end of the clip, the last frame is being displayed until the rest of the whole comp length, but that can be cut out). It definitely looks better than the standard "optical flow" procedure.

Does anyone have a suggestion to fix this or knows of any alternatives? I'm working with AE CC 2019.

Thanks,
Imanuel

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Video Copilot Frame Rate Conversion doesn't seem to work when converting from a lower to a higher framerate
on Jan 22, 2020 at 5:12:54 pm
Last Edited By Cassius Marques on Jan 22, 2020 at 5:13:57 pm

Ok then... disregard what I said.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]