ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can I render with alpha channel AND png compression in cc2019 and 2020 as it was possible before?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cabestany
Can I render with alpha channel AND png compression in cc2019 and 2020 as it was possible before?
on Jan 9, 2020 at 11:15:21 pm

I have to render a lot of title sequences that then I place on top of footage in Premiere Pro and retime there.

In the past I was able to render with an alpha channel and png compression straight from AE which gave me a clean file with a small size.

Starting on CC2018 (or 2017, can't remember) I'm only able to render lossless with alpha which generates these massive files that are slowly eating my disk space.

Is there a way to go back to the png compression but still have an .mov file and not an image sequence?

Thanks in advance,
D.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Can I render with alpha channel AND png compression in cc2019 and 2020 as it was possible before?
on Jan 10, 2020 at 12:00:37 am

No. The PNG codec in QuickTime files was handled by Apple's old 32-bit QuickTime libraries, which they have deprecated, and which no longer run for any application on current releases of macOS.

Instead of Lossless+Alpha, though, you should be able to use ProRes 4444 (or CineForm) for smaller file sizes.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
Re: Can I render with alpha channel AND png compression in cc2019 and 2020 as it was possible before?
on Jan 10, 2020 at 1:02:32 am

Thanks, Walter, I'll try 4444, I haven't considered it before.

Best,
D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]