ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Automate Layer placement in new compositions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Colon
Automate Layer placement in new compositions
on Jan 7, 2020 at 5:08:19 pm

I have a watermark thats made out of a text layer and a .png layer at half opacity that I need to appear in every new composition I make for a mobile application I created.

The text layer needs to be presented as a text layer and the .png separate as well. I cant have them in my composition as a pre-comp, or as a transparent video, im looking for a way to automatically run an expression or script that would ingest them into new compositions automatically

Return to posts index

Drew Hutchison
Re: Automate Layer placement in new compositions
on Jan 7, 2020 at 6:59:43 pm

If each composition is going to be the same size then a working smarter not harder solution would be to just save a "template" comp and duplicate it each time you need to create a new comp with that watermark.

If you need to edit a master file in a comp that's being duplicated and don't want it being affected in your other comps in the project, I would recommend using True Comp Duplicator script.

This will create a duplicate of everything designated in your selected comp even subcomps and everything inside them so you can edit and adjust anything without messing up your other comps.

Here is a link to True Comp Duplicator. I am not affiliated with them, just a fan of the script!

https://aescripts.com/true-comp-duplicator/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]