ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Camera Movement - Any advice would be appreciate! :)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Misselke-Evans
Camera Movement - Any advice would be appreciate! :)
on Dec 30, 2019 at 6:46:12 pm

Hi there, I am very new to after effects and doing a project on Kinetic Typography. I have done most of the work but I'm very suck on one of the main aspects which are being able to move the camera throughout the animation. This is the effect I'm going for -

If anyone has a good video or website that explains how to ruffly do this it would help me out a lot.

many thanks,

Tom :)

Return to posts index

Andy Engelkemier
Re: Camera Movement - Any advice would be appreciate! :)
on Jan 2, 2020 at 10:15:27 pm

cameras for 2D layers are.....a bit "different" because you don't use them. I mean, you Could just take your entire 2D composition and turn it into a 3D layer in a new comp. Then animate a camera around. That's one way. But cameras are cumbersome, this would render slower, and add unnecessary complexity.

Instead. You use Professor Farnsworth's method of space travel. Since he couldn't move the space ship fast enough, he just moved the entire universe in the opposite direction.

So just like what you're looking at there, the entire animation is done on a "sheet of paper" as they reveal in the end. You're just moving that sheet of paper around in front of your viewport.

You can precomp, and do all your "camera moves" in the final composition. The annoyance here is you have to go back and forth since framing your animation is done in a different comp. Or you can parent things to nulls. The annoyance there is every time you parent, if you need an expression, you're going to have to get world position rather than the object position. Not a big deal, but definitely annoying.

They are using wiggle, too heavily in my opinion. But I think the overall motion, they're just animating by hand.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Camera Movement - Any advice would be appreciate! :)
on Jan 6, 2020 at 4:45:44 pm

put your images in 3d space...that would be your comps..do they need to line up or just shown...i like to transition this way...i set camera keyframes...then i parent the camera to the comp using the whip...i then set postiion and point of interest to 0,0,0 on both...then just back the camera out on the z space just a little...set keyframes...then parent it to the next comp...and repeat

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]