ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Best way to remove an artifact and reflections from static glass jar?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joel penner
Best way to remove an artifact and reflections from static glass jar?
on Dec 1, 2019 at 5:55:23 pm

Hi. I did a timelapse of cucumbers pickling and I'm wondering what the best way to go about cleaning some parts of it up are. First, there's a little trail of yeast that develops inside of the jar (middle). Second there are some reflections from the black backdrop that the jar was against (right). Here's a picture locating them:

https://imgur.com/a/CtnTqcT

Here's a video file in case you wanted to play around with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xdwbkbqd2ndgcs/pickle-timelapse.m4v

I've tried a bit with the clone stamp, but because the parts that I'm cloning from change over time the patches end up becoming noticeable. I've also tried a bit with AE 2019's content aware fill. Maybe I just have to do some really detailed adjustments with those to get it looking perfect, but if you have any other ideas it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Max Haller
Re: Best way to remove an artifact and reflections from static glass jar?
on Dec 2, 2019 at 6:31:43 pm

Here's something you can try. I would try photoshopping two versions of the pickle jar one for the start and one for the end. Then bring them into AE and have the clean version of the first photo fade out into the clean version of the ending photo. Have the original timelapse video as the top layer of that comp, and try using the luma key effect to key out the brightest spots (which would be the yeast).

That's the easiest way i can think to try removing those. Otherwise i think youll have to piece together patches of clean pickles to cover up the yeast.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]