ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Mask are not syncing up with new Relinked Coloured footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Klap
Mask are not syncing up with new Relinked Coloured footage
on Nov 23, 2019 at 7:26:14 am

Hello all,

This is my first post on Creative Cow, however I have received lots of help over the years from reading some of these forums. I've been in a blockade recently on a project that I hope the community can help me out with.

I was asked to edit this spot and I went heavy in After Effects and did a lot of masking. After finishing the cut, I needed to send it to the Colour house, except a lot of the mask needed to be exported separately from their background plates, as there was assets between many of them. ( For example, I had cut out the main subject from the scene and put a texture flying behind him). So with the new coloured footage, I could drop it back into my AAE timeline and sync it up with the previous clips by using the same mask and settings on them.

In theory, I could just copy and paste the mask over and it would be all good if the clips all synced up, which they did of course. Except, when I do this, none of the mask line up correctly - there always a tad off. I figure it could be something to do with the 3D camera but even then, when optioning it, nothing lines up.

I've attached a video to explain and if anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it so much because I'm way overdue on this spot and getting a lot of pressure.
I'm hoping I don't have to re-mask everything.

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: Mask are not syncing up with new Relinked Coloured footage
on Nov 24, 2019 at 1:41:53 am

Hi Martin, when you paste the masks they seem to come in with roving keyframes (the round ones not the diamond shaped ones). Strange.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]