Render Problem: Horizontal Lines

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ornella Jacobson
Render Problem: Horizontal Lines
on Nov 18, 2019 at 12:38:14 am
Last Edited By Ornella Jacobson on Nov 18, 2019 at 12:40:19 am

Hey folks,

I‘ve rendered some files from After Effects CC 18 and Media Encoder 18, using the codec Apple Prores 4444.
The project is a stop motion film, where I „stretched“ the FPS from 12 to 24.

Everything looks fine in After Effects, but it seems that the rendering creates these weird overlap frames that you can see in the attachted images. I‘ve used the exact same codec preset before on the same project, also stretched from 12 to 24, with normal results.

Does anyone have a clue what the problem could be? Thank‘s in advance!

Return to posts index

John Williams
Re: Render Problem: Horizontal Lines
on Nov 18, 2019 at 10:09:26 am

Oh yes, you are exporting a file type that creates 'Interlaced frames' (two images in one frame that are shown every other line when viewed on a computer screen but are play simultaneously when played on a traditional television.)

Unless you are required to deliver 'Interlaced' (which from the sounds of what you are doing you are not) then make sure you select an Export format that uses Progressive rather than interlaced (often displayed as something like 25P or 1080P for Progressive and 50i for interlaced)

Most filming and all stop motion animation is shot as Progressive so just make sure your export type matches your media.

Let me know if you have any further questions;)

John Williams

Soho Editors

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]